Thursday, February 19, 2015

A Love List

Wow. I've been meaning to write for a while but life with Little T just seems to keep accelerating. Today I finally got myself to pack away her newborn clothes. I didn't cry, but there might have been some tears pushing at the edges of my eyes... It felt a little bit like a funeral. My little girl is not my newborn girl anymore. She's a new Theresa everyday. It's beautiful and wonderful but there's that touch of sadness, too. People say to cherish every moment and I believe it. There are still moments that aren't so easy to cherish (like sleep battles, which are thankfully decreasing), but for the most part I think we really are learning to soak in the joy and privilege and wonder of being Reesy's parents.

The other night Chris and I were laying in bed and he said, "I really love that girl!" "Me, too!" I exclaimed. "Let's make a fan club!" Does it make me sound crazy that I'm really starting to feel like a nearly 5 month old baby is my best friend (next to Chris)? Even if it does, it's true :) I love being with that adorable little baldy more and more every day. I'm so honored to be able to be her mother.



With that, let's write down a love list. Here are just a few of the special little things that fill my days with smiles, laughs, and joy:

-I love the way you smile your biggest, cutest grin and seem to quiver with excitement when I come in singing to pick you up from sleep or a nap. That smile melts my heart every time. There's no greater pleasure.

-I love the way you look up at me as you nurse and cup my breast in both hands. I'm so thankful my body can feed you and that we have these special moments to reconnect, just like when you were growing and feeding inside me.

-I love how you often take little mini breaks from nursing to grin up at me with your sparkling, happy eyes and then happily return back for a little more feasting, confident that you'll get the nourishment you need both in food and love.

-I love the way you laugh and laugh and smile and smile when I kiss your little ears. I love how you turn your head side to side to show each ear in turn for our little game.

-I love how curious you are and how you love to watch everything and reach for everything.

-I love how you enjoy being in nature and the way it calms you just to walk outside.

-I love rocking with you on our porch swing and enjoying peaceful moments together just listening to the birds as you relax on my lap and hold my hands with your perfect little hands.

-I love the way you get so excited when Papa comes home. I love that you two are buddies.

-I love your little dinosaur speak and how you're so excited to practice with language.

-Believe it or not, I actually love when you sneeze and send out mini poo rockets. I guess I never got over the potty humor Bestefar taught me :) These moments always make me laugh.

-I love how you get so excited to sit on my lap and play the piano, using your entire hand to pound down a single key.

-I love how you always want to be carried face-out so you can take in everything.

-I love your gentle, blonde, fluffy little eyebrows--they remind me of little chicks and just add to the sweetness of your face. I also like how your eyebrow skin turns pink when you are getting tired.

-I love kissing your soft little (mostly) bald head 50+ times per day and holding you close and thanking God for you!

-I love how you have so much fun in your bath. I like that you're learning to love splashing (I used to love it, too) even though it might cause mini tsunamis on the counter.

-I love the funny face you make when water gets on your face and how you always try to lick your wash cloth.

-I love how you find such joy in practicing standing--especially standing on Papa's belly. I like how you look so proud of yourself for getting stronger.

-I love the look of pure and innocent and full joy in your happy smiling face when we play.

-I love the way your eyes really do seem to sparkle with life and laughter.

-I love how you like to stretch out your little legs tightly but the fat rolls still remain.

-I love your heart-shaped tongue and how you like to stick it out and laugh.

-I love when you open your big, beautiful blue eyes so wide.

-I love how your little nose scrunches up on one side when you laugh and smile.

-I love how cute and tiny your little neck is and how it's strong enough to support your big, adorable head.

-I love when we lay side by side and read and read and read together. I also love how you sneak little sideways glances at me and smile and study me. I even like when you pull my hair and grab off my glasses. I love that you are so playful.

-I love how you hold your little feet and roll up like a ball. I love to kiss those perfect feet, too, and love the way it makes you giggle.

-(Dare I say it?) I even love (most of the time) waking up with you to feed you in the night, knowing you are safe and happy to hold you close.

-I love the way you've filled our home with love and taught me and Papa to be much better people and so much more complete.

We love you sweet Reesy! Thank you for joining our little family and blessing our little home <3



What are some favorite memories of your little ones? What are some funny little things you love about your babies?

No comments:

Post a Comment